cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the correct values for embedded flash wait state setting and programming delays for VOS0 range and AXI clock 240MHz?

mickminn
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using a STM32H745 and looking at RM0399 rev 2. In table 15 for the flash memory timings there are no values for VOS0 range and the maximum frequency in the table is 225MHz. Going by other sections of the document the maximum Faclk is 240MHz.

I found a mention in AN4891 that says for VOS0 the wait states should be 4, but it doesn't say what the programming delay needs to be. There also seems to be some interaction between wait states and programming delay, certainly in the VOS1 state, so would like to know if that affects VOS0 as well.

I found a related discussion at https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009vKNxDSAW/on-an-stm32h7-which-clock-frequency-determines-flash-wait-states athough the answer there seems to use a maximum flash speed of 80 MHz whereas the max flash frequency from AN4891 is 70MHz, and in RM0399 the Flash memory register description for FLASH_ACR only lists LATENCY values up to 4.

0 REPLIES 0