cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer Run Simulator error!

lxw
Senior

0690X000009878ZQAQ.pngI used cubemx to generate the project, using designer generate gui code. This project works well in VS, MDK and development boards.But use run simulator in designer to prompt the errors shown in the figure.Excuse me, where did this go wrong, how should revise.Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you clean and re-generate code from within the designer it should correctly evaluate the size of the view and not give you this error. I'm not really sure why this happened. Sometimes when files are reverted to their older states. This is weird, especially since you have only one view.

In any case, the project works for me in 4.10.0 so i think you should just re-generate your code (The offending file is a generated one).

/Martin

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

This happens during transition to a different screen. TouchGFX asserts that there is enough space on the heap to allocate the new view/. Memory is allocated statically based on the largest view. Having created it through the designer it should definitely not be failing because code generation will ensure that the view size is evaluated properly.

Did you by chance use a version control system to revert one of these files? Can you send me the project?

/Martin

I sent you a message with the project. Can you see it

Hmm, no. Can you send it again? How large is it?

(leave out build folders/object files to reduce size)

I have cleared the vs and MDK compiled files, but there are still more than 50 M compressed files.I don't know how to zoom out. Can't you download it?

I have the file now.

/Martin

I have no issues with the project here. Can you try to clean and rebuild? From command line it's

make -f simulator/gcc/makefile clean all

When you clean and re-generate code from within the designer it should correctly evaluate the size of the view and not give you this error. I'm not really sure why this happened. Sometimes when files are reverted to their older states. This is weird, especially since you have only one view.

In any case, the project works for me in 4.10.0 so i think you should just re-generate your code (The offending file is a generated one).

/Martin

I deleted the previous content in designer and recreated a box and botton.And then...Everything is normal again, click simulation and no error😅 😅 😅

Thank you very much for your reply