cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part number help for ordering STM32H753BIT6 (silicon Rev V) 480MHz

Mike R
Associate II

hello, I am working on a board design and need to order STM32H753BIT6 but it has to be Rev V as it supports 480MHz. I am unable to find the order code/manufacturer part number for it.

Ordered one, either it came from

newark https://www.newark.com/stmicroelectronics/stm32h753bit6/mcu-arm-cortex-m7-400mhz-lqfp/dp/52AC7531?ost=STM32H753BIT6&ddkey=https%3Aen-US%2FElement14_US%2Fsearch

or Digikey https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=STM32H753BIT6 as it says 480MHz but the device that came was Rev Y and can only run at 400MHz.

on both links the Manufacturer Part No: is same

could not find any info about ordering rev V and want to make sure that we have the correct part number to put boards into production, any help will be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Did you talk to Digikey or RS aboyt the stepping. When selling Rev Y parts and sdveryising 480 MHz, something is wrong.

Perhaps order samples directly from your ST sales rep/office?

Data sheet says

"For a list of available options (speed, package, etc.) or for further information on any aspect of this device, please contact your nearest ST sales office."

I would hope there'd be a specific SKU, but minimum week of manufacture might be the way to best constrain it. Or pick a part you know with newer than Y, like a H745, H755 or H747 ? The X step parts were being made over a year ago.

For that matter the Y parts, in my experience, will hit over 500 MHz in nominal conditions, they just have a couple of different VOS settings, not some crippling critical path.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello @Mike R​ ,

We didn't updated the part number when changing from revision Y to revision V. The revision is shown on package top marking.

As already suggested by Clive, you can contact a local ST sales office in order to have your request taken care by a local Marketer if the use of a Rev V is critical in your design.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Mike R
Associate II

thank for trying to help on this. We have been contacting all suppliers but because there is no separate part number, all suppliers are confused. its kind of bad why would ST not have seperate part numbers, its just causing so much confusion and now our production has stopped.

DigiKey initially said that they have Rev V but see the below photo they sent from stock and we marked it for them, as per the datasheet this IC is Rev Y, DigiKey are looking at the bottom V which stands for something else. After we pointed this to DigiKey, they came back and said that yes its Rev Y and there was some confusion and cant order Rev V parts. But the problem now is that no supplier can supply Rev V, so basically we have no place to order Rev V parts.

0690X00000A9zwOQAR.png 

can ST help us get the Rev V parts as its causing a lot of problems to get the right part numbers.

Use the production date code. You definitely don't want any 2018 product.

Here 2019 Week 6

0690X00000A9zwxQAB.jpg

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mike R
Associate II

thank you Clive, the main problem is that no supplier seem to have Rev V and we are running out of ideas on what to do next.

STM32H745XIH6U 2019 Week 2

0690X00000A9zxWQAR.jpg

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello @Mike R​ ,

Please note that Farnell & Mouser have already shipped STM32H7 rev V devices.

A PCN (PCN10633) was already shared with distributors regarding this product change, where they find the correct way to order samples for rev V.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I don't know where you're situated, but there are usually regional sales offices where ST has sales staff and engineers situated. These would be the primary people to deal with this stuff, and the distributors under their purview. Would have thought you'd have needed to deal with these people to have gotten new H7 parts to prototype with.

The PCN that @Amel NASRI​ provide below comes from a staff member out of the US Chicago office.

I don't know what the cut off date was for Y-step silicon, but I've got X-step devices from the French facility dating from 2018 Week 20, and V-step devices from the first weeks in 2019.

The Production Date information should be all over the reels, boxes and packaging.

Kind of surprised the distributors have any depth of stock.