cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique ID seems to be there, but the documentations says no

AFree
Associate

I need a unique ID and expected to use the 96 bit one from the chip. Then I read that STM32F070x6/B do not have it. Very disappointing, but I looked at the F0 location 0x1ffff7ac and sure enough there is something that looks exactly like a described ID with the proper X and Y coordinates, etc. The chips I tested are all STM32F070CBT6. Very confusing. Is it possible that some do have it and others don't?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The 'F0x0 chips are 'F0x1/'F0x2 just with deliberately less testing. And if something is not in the documentation, it means, it may be there but it is not guaranteed.

In other words, you may have some number at the expected position, or not in other chips, and it is not guaranteed to be unique.

If you need this guaranteed, you have to buy the respective 'F042/'F072. They are a bit more expensive for a reason.

JW

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The 'F0x0 chips are 'F0x1/'F0x2 just with deliberately less testing. And if something is not in the documentation, it means, it may be there but it is not guaranteed.

In other words, you may have some number at the expected position, or not in other chips, and it is not guaranteed to be unique.

If you need this guaranteed, you have to buy the respective 'F042/'F072. They are a bit more expensive for a reason.

JW