cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a STM32 (blue pill) talk to my computer via USB (serial)?

CZeum
Associate

Hi all,

after working with Arduinos for some time now, I am currently trying to get stuff to work using a blue pill (stm32f1). I've managed to get some code working that turnes on the builit-in LED when a button is pressed using the Arduino IDE.

With that milestone achieved, I am now trying to get the STM32 to communicate with my 64bit win7 PC via serial / USB. When I plug in the STM, no connection is established. The win device manager shows an "unknown device" and under details error code 43 is given.

I've searched the net for quite some time now but haven't found a solution to my problem. I've tried a couple of drivers from this website, but noting worked. I added a 1.8kOhm resistor between PA12 and 3V3 to compensate for the wrong resistor on most blue pills (10kOhm insted of 1.5kOhm)

Maybe some of you can point me into the right direction. Should the blue pill connect automatically for serial communication via USB like other µ-controller / USB devices? If no: What do I have to do to make it work? Which driver?

Many thanks for every piece of advice!

Claus

0 REPLIES 0