cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same USB CDC code always work on STM32f407vgt discovery kit but sometimes doesn't work on my PCB (cannot connect to hterm while it always recognize by windows in device manager)!

ESami
Associate II

Hi guys,

My USB CDC code always work on STM32f407vgt discovery kit but it some times doesn't work (cannot connect to hterm) on my PCB (photo attached). Nevertheless, windows always recognize it by sound as well as in device manager even when it cannot connect to hterm.

The discovery kit has 2 usb; one for supplying the power and the other one for CDC communication. In my PCB, there is a single usb to handle both. Since my PCB is USB-powered I tried to deactivate the vbus feature; but it couldn't solve the problem! Boot0 is also puled down while Boot1 is not even used!

when my pcb cannot connect to hterm, it also cannot connect to putty and real term! But at the same time (when it cannot connect to hterm and without depluging the usb) it can connect to ardunio port and can communicate with pc!!!!!!!

Just a few questions:

1) May the problem be the hterm itself? if so, is there any other similar program you can suggest me to test?

2) Do you know the reason why sometimes it cannot connect to hterm but the discovery kit can always connect?

3) Is there any thing I need to check both software and hardware?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
B_J_R
Associate

Hi ESami,

Do you solve it?

How did you solve it?

Thanks