cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make two adaptor board work together at STEVAL-MKI109V3

Sunny.Q
Associate II

I'm using LSM6DSO as an IMU model at STEVAL-MKI109V3 board. But I need to run another barometer to calculate the height of my unit. I have another apaptor board MET001 can work as a barometer. Can I make them two work at the same time at STEVAL-MKI109V3 board? What should I buy to make these two connected at the same time?

2 REPLIES 2
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Sunny,

I am not aware of the existence of such board to interconnect 2 adapter boards.

You may need to jump wire by yourself.

Alternately, you may try to use a STM32 Nucleo board instead of STEVAL-MKI109V3,

together with X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 sensor expansion board, which has LSM6DSO already.

Then plug the MET001 adapter board on the expansion board.

Best Regards,

Winfred

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Sunny.Q​ , it is not so easy to interface two sensors on the same STEVAL-MKI109V3 board. Considering that LSM6DSO has an auxiliary SPI interface, one trick could be to connect the LPS22HB pressure sensor to this interface, launch Unico-GUI for LSM6DSO and read pressure data from the LSM6DSO auxiliary SPI. However, being this SPI dedicated to OIS gyro, the possibility to read register is limited to the dataout REGs of the OIS.

My personal suggestion for a multisensor reading, as already pointed out by Winfred, is to use the HW and SW dedicated tools, such as the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 which is a Nucleo expansion board (or directly connect the adapter to the X-Nucleo motherboard) and already as a LSM6DSO and a pressure sensor mounted. The related GUi is the Unicleo-GUI.

Regards