cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about STM32F746G-DISCO board.

TCHIA
Associate

Hi, I would like to use the STM32F746G-DISCO to do a project. But the pins available on it are quite few (only PA0-PA5 and PD0-PD15). I wonder if those pins' function are fixed because I only succeeded to use PA0 as PWM Output of TIM5. It seems like other pins are all pre-defined and their functions cannot be changed. I tried to changed all their functions to normal GPIO output and set them high but failed. All of them had no response except PA0.

Please help, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi. How you change this pins? Try to configure pins in CubeMX.

LMI2
Lead

I think is not best choice if you want basic IO pins. But you have serial and other peripherals already there.

Try some other development boards, like nucleo boards, and Waveshare has some interesting boards.

The bulk of the pins are committed to SDRAM and LCD.

Review the schematic and user manual to understand what, if any, pins are available.

The part pins are heavily utilized, basically usable ones will be on the Arduino shield connector.

The Data Sheet shows the alternate use options (Alternate Function tables) for the pins on the chip.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..