cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157AAC nand flash

Yli.8
Associate II

I added nand flash to stm32mp157aac, but the nand startup mode is always DFU mode, may I ask what configuration is needed?Nand boot has been selected on the hardware

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

I assume you talk about parallel SLC-NAND connected on FMC.

You could get configuration example on STM32MP157x-EV1 related files where there is FMC NAND boot on 'AA' package (18x18). Basically, changing package does not have impact, except on reduced pin choices (but when we talk about SLC NAND boot, FMC has no alternate pins options and is available on all packages).

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

I assume you talk about parallel SLC-NAND connected on FMC.

You could get configuration example on STM32MP157x-EV1 related files where there is FMC NAND boot on 'AA' package (18x18). Basically, changing package does not have impact, except on reduced pin choices (but when we talk about SLC NAND boot, FMC has no alternate pins options and is available on all packages).

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

0690X00000A9q7MQAR.pngHi,​

My circuit board can boot from the TF card, but I still can't boot from nand.Nand information can be read from the Uboot of TF boot.

STM32MP> nand info

Device 0: nand0, sector size 128 KiB

Page size       2048 b

OOB size          64 b

Erase size    131072 b

subpagesize     2048 b

options     0x00184200

bbt options 0x00068000

Can normally burn the system to nand

PatrickF
ST Employee

Maybe have a look to this topic https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BEYzaGSQT/whether-the-size-of-fsbl-is-limited-to-one-block-of-nand-and-shell-we-tailor-the-fsbltfa-within-128kb-to-fit-mt29f4g08which-block-size-is-128kb