cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix stm32Cube_fw_f4_V1240.zip not installing correctly

FStra.9
Associate III

I've tried 10 or more times now to get around this problem.

I'm choosing the STM32F413RGtx for the uC in STM32CubeIDE new STM32 project,

I go to generate code from the embedded CubeMX screen and it always tries to download that stm32cube_fw_f4_v1240.zip file and fails with either a timeout or something about a MD5 checksum error. I've tried to manually install that file and it says it is installed but it always tries to download that file and fails. How do I get around this problem?

11 REPLIES 11

Make sure you have enough hard drive space, probably at least 3x the footprint of the archive.

Here mirror of v1.24.0 and v1.24.1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13_gTp_j6BYiE-jfH4p6ZqjYI_rot2_bA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w3VPPLhSvGpkCKa_9ypu7nLLB_bqKTa7

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FStra.9
Associate III

I also tried to manually load the v241 patch file and it says something about a dependency file not loaded

FStra.9
Associate III

that was supposed to say v1241 patch

yeah, either v1.24.0 or an incremental release of CubeMX

CubeIDE seems to have a lot of teething issues.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Thanks for the quick response.
I've got the v1240 zip file and the v1241 patch file.
I've tried removing and reinstalling the v1240 file and it says it is installed, but apparently it is not.
I try to install v1241 and it says it is missing some sort of dependency.
I've got plenty of hard drive space (~21GB)
If I try to generate code for that uC, it will always try and download a new version of the v1240 zip file and fail.
I can not get past this.
FStra.9
Associate III

Thanks for the quick response, I've already downloaded multiple times the v1240 and v1241 zip files.

I've got ~21GB of disk space.

I've tried removing and manually reinstalling the v1240 zip file, and it always says it is installed OK.

The v1241 patch file always fails with a message that it is missing some sort of dependancy.

Whenever I try to generate code, it always tries to download the v120 zip file and fails.

I can not get past this problem.

FStra.9
Associate III

Well I was finally able to get it to generate code by going to the "project manager" tab and choosing to not use the latest version available of the firmware package and chose to use version 1240. There appears to be something wrong with the v1241 patch file.

JKnut
Associate

I am dealing with a similar issue that I am unable to resolve. I am also having an MD5 error problem with version 1240. I decided to install version 1230 and it appeared I was successful. In STM32CubeIDE v1.0.2 unsing the Device Tool Perspective, Project Manager tab, I unselect the "Use latest available version" checkbox but STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.23.0 does not appear in the drop down list; only STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.24.1 and V1.24.0 show up.

Sometimes ST seems to deprecate things, and pretend they didn't exist. The build of the tools may not be (backward) compatible with whatever is in 1.23.0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oBAd73tcR77xCBOzEwIh9p1BdYOy-OJq