cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing LSM6MSOX without STEVAL-MKI109V3 evaluation board

azmat.bilal
Associate II

Hi,

i wanted to evaluate LSM6DSOX and for that i have ordered the breakout board STEVAL-MKI185V1 but not the STEVAL-MKI109V3 (mother board which interfaces with PC). i wanted to use the unico software to test the machine learning feature. is it possible to achieve this without the mother board?

i have with me STM32L4 and F4 discovery and nucleo kits which i reprogram to serve the purpose of mother baord. is there any source code which i could use?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

HI @azmat.bilal​ , please consider that the Unico GUI has been designed exactly for the STEVAL-MKI109Vx family. The Unico source code is unfortunately not open source, and cannot be adapted to HW different from the ProfiMEMS tool. The easiest way to become confident with the MLC avoiding to write a complex code is to buy a STEVAL-MKI109V3... However, if you have the X-Nucleo kit you could test the DSOX's MLC with the Unicleo-GUI. Regards

azmat.bilal
Associate II

0690X00000983m1QAA.pngHi, i in the end ordered STEVAL-MKI109V3 . i am able to run the unico tool with it using STEVAL-MKI185V1 (magnetometer daughter board) and it works nice. but when i attach the LSM6DSOX breakout board (STEVAL-MKI197V1), i am not able to read it. i get this error shown in the picture.

azmat.bilal
Associate II

was able to solve my problem. the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware was outdated. earlier i tried to update its firmware but the GUI of the DFU tool didnt have a good UX (as highlighted in the image). so instead of updating the firmware i overwrote the firmware file with the old firmware image from the STEVAL-MKI109V3. as a result everytime i tried to update the image properly it would write back the old image. 0690X000009841BQAQ.png