cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F302R8 - Simulink Interface - Max Sampling Time

VSali.13
Associate

Hi,

I want to use the STM32F302R8 evaluation kit to create a sensor board. I would like to have around 10 input signals and use the Simulink Tool to create the code and, most importantly, to visualize in the Simulink scopes in real time all the input signals.

I have given it a go, here's a picture of my Simulink "code":

0690X000009ZYROQA4.png

the input is at pin D13 - there is a square signal with period smaller than 0.1 second, which makes the LED on board blinking. Then, I have a wire on board that connects pin D13 to pin D8. I see the output of pin D8 through the scope in Simulink in real time. Everything works fine as long as the sampling time of the square signal into pin D13 is equal or higher than 0.1 second.

If the sampling time is lower than 0.1 second, then it looks like there is some data missing and I got results like this one:

0690X000009ZYRdQAO.png

0690X000009ZYRiQAO.png

It is fine if the sampling time can be big (above 0.1 second) but for my application I need a smaller sampling time.

Was wondering if any of you had the same problem/issue and if there is a way to resolve it, or if it is a hardware limitation and nothing can be done to improve it..?

If any detail is missing, please let me know and I'll try my best to provide you with a clear problem idea.

Thanking you,

kind regards,

Val

1 REPLY 1
Brian McKay
Associate III

HI Val,

MathWorks is the author for this particular Nucleo solution. You may have better luck reaching out to MathWorks Tech Support directly.

I think you should be able to have a sample rate < 0.1 sec (> 10 Hz); that seems fairly slow.

Cheers,

-Brian

MathWorks Technical Marketing