cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F303 - bldc motor control with encoder

MAhma.6
Associate

Hello, we are using STM32F303 to control a BLDC motor ( 48V, 900 rpm, with encoder) . The motor is working fine most of the time with the generated code using ST motor workbench. However we have the following issues:

1- Motor works fine in torque mode but not in speed mode. It generates so much noise and doesnt spin under load. Without load, spins but the speed is oscillating .

2- In torque mode, when we spin the motor at high speed, it works for a while ( 15 min) and them speed drops as the test goes on ( from 450 rpm to 370 rpm )

3- The other problem is that we cannot run the motor above 450 rpm. applying more Iq does not help. Increasing input voltage does not help either.

I really appreciate your urgent response.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MAhma.6
Associate

seems like the ST forum community is so quiet!! Any comments/suggestions?

Trevor Jones
Senior

I have worked on BLDC for a while now, but I use the Self sensing chips from Ti, DRV10987 (7 on one PCB) 48Watts max

but they are also limited to about that speed...

Isn't there another forum for motor control ?

in my experience you cant use ST code..

you have to hand manicure the timer interrupts and remove or bypass the ST code.

What size motor ?

I wouldn't be task switching like RTOS and I wouldn't be doing any prints or debugging inside interrupts

I have also made a single channel 100A 6000Watt PCB, but Clive has me busy,

so haven't got to code that one yet... based on the F722 and DRV83235

I arranged the Timers to cascade from a primary timer, so adjust one timer for speed and have a PWM list being DMAd on every cycle for power.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards