cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL_SMARTAG1 Error to follow the quick start guide

ADSB
Associate III

0690X000009Z5RYQA0.bmpI am having this problem with this product, as I could not compile the provided firmware successfully once I enable the UART printf. I am using the keil project. once I uncomment the UART printf . I got the following error:

error Due to flash size constraints on STEVAL-SMARTAG1, SMARTAG_ENABLE_DEBUG and SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF features are not available

According to the documentation this problem occurs only with open STM32 IDE . Is there something I am missing. I would really appreciate your help.

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

​Hello,

it is a known issue, as you can read in the release note:

ISSUE

• Due to flash size constraints on STEVAL-SMARTAG1:
    • UART is not available
    • Binary generated by System Workbench for STM32 is not available (the IDE project is removed)
    • Debug mode is not available.

if it is necessary to use the UART, he can try to comment this line code

#if defined(SMARTAG_ENABLE_DEBUG) || defined(SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF)

#error Due to flash size constraints on STEVAL-SMARTAG1, SMARTAG_ENABLE_DEBUG and SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF features are not available

#endif

in the file SmarTagConf.h (lines 68,69,70) trying to enable the only necessary "SMARTAG_PRINTF" (one at a time and leave the others commented).

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

​Hello,

it is a known issue, as you can read in the release note:

ISSUE

• Due to flash size constraints on STEVAL-SMARTAG1:
    • UART is not available
    • Binary generated by System Workbench for STM32 is not available (the IDE project is removed)
    • Debug mode is not available.

if it is necessary to use the UART, he can try to comment this line code

#if defined(SMARTAG_ENABLE_DEBUG) || defined(SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF)

#error Due to flash size constraints on STEVAL-SMARTAG1, SMARTAG_ENABLE_DEBUG and SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF features are not available

#endif

in the file SmarTagConf.h (lines 68,69,70) trying to enable the only necessary "SMARTAG_PRINTF" (one at a time and leave the others commented).

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.