cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-sales question about STM32H750B-DK

DLoye
Associate

I note that the ​STM32H750B-DK comes with an attached display. If required for evaluation / development, can a larger display be connected in its place? Something in the 8" to 10" range. Touch is not needed. If so, can you recommend any brands and/or model numbers that could be connected in place of the attached display? Additionally, can the attached display be easily removed?

T​hank you,

Dennis

Student,

ME program,

Washington State University.​

1 REPLY 1

Board doesn't look to be designed to remove/replace the screen. I'm sure it could be removed with brute force, but not going to recommend that as a course of action. You'd need to be really sure you can find compatible displays.

For a detachable screen look at the STM32H747I-DISCO(DK) , it use DSI/MIPI (2 lanes) via a mictor like connector. Resolution likely to be constrained by bandwidth.

The DISC1 variant of board is cheaper, and doesn't ship with a screen.

Should take HDMI adapter board, would drive a monitor via HDMI/DVI. Need to work on drivers, to get a selection of resolutions.

For other displays you'd need to review specifications, and make an adapter board. Seem to encountered a couple of DSI-to-Panel IC's so potential options there.

The H743I-EVAL board exposes the parallel LCD signals to a header/ribbon cable, ST has a couple of displays.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..