cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We asked for STLink preprogrammed 'F103, we got STLINK-V3MINI

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stlink-v3mini.html

I know it's based on 'F7 and is faster and shinier than what fits into the 'F103, but... It's 9 bucks instead of what might be around 3 and the extras aren't worth it.

Also, for on-board integration, although it has the "detented contacts" on the side, the connector on the bottom prevents population. Manual mentions STLINK-V3MODS without the connector, but that's nowhere to be seen, and I doubt it will be cheaper. And even then, it would impose the connector being on the edge of a stack of 2 boards, which is impractical for enclosure design.

I also assume, the $9.xx is an introductory price, as this is what we've seen in the past with both STM32 parts and devboards. There are no volume discounts.

Discuss.

JW

3 REPLIES 3
Singh.Harjit
Senior II

This is super impressive and cool.

​I had a similar reaction about the pins - especially considering the LEDs are on the opposite side and a board with the pins cannot sit flat on the bench.

Having said that, I think the MODS version with the castellated pins will work great because then I can solder it to a carrier board that has a level shifter to the target's voltage.

Would be great to get a schematic for this.

ATMEL's EDBG was like $8 in shed-load quantities. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology-Atmel/AT32UC3A4256HHB-C1UR

Segger has a firmware load for it.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
embvis
Associate III

STLINK-V3MODS looks greate, especially when you custom programmer for you. Is anybody know hot to reflash MINI to MODS. I know thera are some additional elements, but before STLINK-V3MODS will be on market I can disassembly few components. 

This is the same PCB: MB1467 (based on doc UM2502)

0690X00000AQrO8QAL.png

Regards

Mikołaj