cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO First Steps

EE
Associate II

Hello,

I am really new to the STM32 und TouchGFX World. So I bought a board STM32H747I-DISCO, the first thing I saw: not supported in STM32CubeIDE :(

I generated a new Project with TouchGFX, I selected the Application Template (16 Bit) with a Blank UI. I placed a Button With Labelk in the left upper corner:

- Generate Code: "Code generation complete"

- Run Target: "An error occured during flash. Please make sure you have the right target connected."

I used the STM32 ST-LINK Utility and downloaded the File "...\My Application\TouchGFX\build\bin\initflash.hex" - the result can be considered in the appendix :(0690X000009Z23dQAC.jpg

I am sad.

11 REPLIES 11
hansd56
Senior II

0690X000009Z297QAC.jpgHi, welcome to STM32. Dual core processors are not yet implemented in STM32CubeIDE. It will come but nobody knows when. I have got a STM32745i-Disco board and I have successfully downloaded a test screen from TochGFX designer. To develop code for both cores you have to use System Worbench (see picture TouchGFX CM7, CM4 blinking led) .

For the STM32H747 I have created a TouchGFX designer project (attached). Try downloading the target.elf file. Building code from command line 'TouchGFX 4.10.0 Environment'. Change folder to TouchGFX and run 'make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j8' and 'make -f ../gcc/Makefile -j8 clean'.

Give yourself some time to understand and learn and experiment. Most examples don't run out of the box.

Hi @EE​,

try flashing the file called target.hex, it also contains the graphical assets, these are stored in the external QUADSPI flash on the board.

When you flash "intflash.hex" only the the application code is flash to the board.

Also, for STM32H7 MCUs please use STM32CubeProgrammer for flashing since it will continue to support the H7 line.

/Anders

EE
Associate II

If I am trying to flashing the file " target.hex", I am getting an error: "No elf loader found for this operation"

EE
Associate II

How do I download the target.elf File?

You have an External Loader selected for the onboard QSPI?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I am really new to the STM32 und TouchGFX World. Please tell me step by step what I have to do, thanks.

I'm really not a paint-by-numbers guy

0690X000009Z6alQAC.jpg

Ok, I am able to download the files. Do I always have to download the two files target.hex and intflash.hex? And with which tools can I programm the STM32 can I use STM32CubeIDE?

One file is the executable code which goes into Internal Flash memory, and one is the imagery data which goes into the External Flash memory.

STM32CubeIDE is still a mess as far as I'm aware, not using it here.

Keil should be able to build/debug things for the H747I-DISCO, I've used it here, seem to recall it have an external flash algorithm, selectable in the debugger settings.

Perhaps there are some videos on YouTube, or webinars these guys have posted.