cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Porting from STM32F7 to STM32H7

PBU
Associate III

Hi,

I'm trying to port code from STM32F7 series controller to STM32H7 controller. The code is working fine with STm32F7 (TouchFX + FreeRTOS). But in STM32H7 i am getting LTDC AHB Bus transfer error. I'm running only GUI Task and initialized the required peripherals like LTDC, FMC. Also Using HAL, Instrumentation, and DMA files generated by touchgfx designer for H750 board. My problem is task is running once and suddenly it get locked into LTDC_ER_IRQHandler. I have verified LTDC and FMC and it is working properly without using touchgfx.

4 REPLIES 4

Check memory region usage. The H7 has many different rules and limitations about what can connect to what. Check bus matrix diagrams in RM

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PBU
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ 

I am placing frame buffer in external SDRAM, also verified bus matrix diagrams in RM that whether LTDC, DMA2D is connected with FMC. Still facing the same issue.

Things will get stuck in IRQHandlers when the causing event doesn't actually get clearer, and it will infinitely tail-chain. Or if the event triggers at a rate which saturates the system.

Probably should look critically at what is enabled, and what is flagging. And any error statuses are being thrown off by the hardware side.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you for the reply. The issue is DMA2D interrupt was mot handled properly. Now it is working fine.