cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TI3 and TI4 mapping on input capture

mattb3.14159
Associate III

I'm just setting up the input capture on timer 2, input capture 4. On page 411 of the reference manual for the CCMR2 register and the CC4S bits, it states "01: CC4 channel is configured as input, IC4 is mapped on TI4 10: CC4 channel is configured as input, IC4 is mapped on TI3".

I'm not sure what TI3 and TI4 are referring to. I've done a search and this is the only place they are mentioned.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> On page 411 of the reference manual

You did not tell us, which STM32 are you using.

Luckily, timers are the same across all STM32 🙂

Look at the timer block diagram figure at the beginning of the timer chapter; look just before the Input filter & edge detector blocks: TI1..TI4 are internal signals directly corresponding to digital inputs from TIMx_CHx pins.

Unfortunately, the documentation toolchain ST uses to generate pdfs does not preserve the characters in figures, so they are not searchable.

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

> On page 411 of the reference manual

You did not tell us, which STM32 are you using.

Luckily, timers are the same across all STM32 🙂

Look at the timer block diagram figure at the beginning of the timer chapter; look just before the Input filter & edge detector blocks: TI1..TI4 are internal signals directly corresponding to digital inputs from TIMx_CHx pins.

Unfortunately, the documentation toolchain ST uses to generate pdfs does not preserve the characters in figures, so they are not searchable.

JW

mattb3.14159
Associate III

Sorry, I had an older version of the reference manual and it didn't have TI3 and TI4 on any diagram. I've updated and it's all good. I'm using an STM32L051R8 BTW. I thought everyone here had ESP? LOL. Thanks for your input.