cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone seen for compiling error for dspin.h for not having the valid preprocessing token? How to resolve it?

LGuo
Associate II

​In dspin.h file

#define CHECK_REG(reg, result) if (dSPIN_RegsStruct-> ## reg != dSPIN_Get_Param(dSPIN_ ## reg)) result |= 1 << ((uint8_t) dSPIN_ ## reg)

Compiling error for dspin.c

uint32_t dSPIN_Registers_Check(dSPIN_RegsStruct_TypeDef* dSPIN_RegsStruct)

{

uint32_t result = 0;

CHECK_REG(ABS_POS, result);

make -j8 all

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Src/dspin.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F767xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Inc -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Src/dspin.d" -MT"Src/dspin.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Src/dspin.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F767xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Inc -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc.d" -MT"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc_ex.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F767xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Inc -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc_ex.d" -MT"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc_ex.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_rcc_ex.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F767xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Inc -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim.d" -MT"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim_ex.c" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F767xx -DDEBUG -c -I../Inc -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim_ex.d" -MT"Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim_ex.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f7xx_hal_tim_ex.o"

In file included from ../Inc/dspin_config.h:27:0,

from ../Src/dspin.c:24:

../Src/dspin.c: In function 'dSPIN_Registers_Get':

../Inc/dspin.h:889:35: error: pasting "->" and "ABS_POS" does not give a valid preprocessing token

if (read_reg != dSPIN_RegsStruct-> ## reg_name) strcpy(diff,"x"); \

5 REPLIES 5

So grep project and see what ABS_POS is set to, and if you have missing or multiple instances of it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LGuo
Associate II

​Hi Clive,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the compiler is not able to recognize the Macro token paste operator : ##. The compiler supposedly should be able to preprocess the macro CHECK_REF(ABS_POS, result) by replacing it with if (dSPIN_RegsStruct-> ABS_POS != dSPIN_Get_Param(dSPIN_ ABS_POS)) result |= 1 << ((uint8_t) dSPIN_ ABS_POS

Is there any option in the compiler I need to turn so that the compiler is able to support the Token Paste Operator : ##?

Thanks a lot.

Sounds more like it is working but one or more of the things it is trying to paste together is wrong.

Do any of the demo projects using dspin.c work/build properly?

Can you enable the compiler to output the pre-processor pass of the source so you can inspect/review that?

​Do you know how? It seems I was not able to find such a compiler option setting. Thanks

" -E Stop after the preprocessing stage; do not run the compiler proper.

The output is in the form of preprocessed source code, which is sent to the standard output.

Input files that don't require preprocessing are ignored." https://manned.org/arm-none-eabi-gcc/34fd6095