cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build the STEVAL-ESC001v1 project to work with the CubeIDE?

JRive
Associate II

I am a hardware guy, so please bear with me. I want to build the project for the STEVAL-ESC001 in CubeIDE (I don't have IAR). Can anyone help me understand what are the files I need or how to figure out which files I need to include in the project so I can build and debug it?

I use Motor Workbench 5.4 to generate the project to the ST STM32CubeIDE. When the generated project file is opened in STM32CubeIDE, the option to build the project is unavailable (it is grayed out). If I instead I generate the project with ST TrueStudio as the target tool chain, when I open it in STM32CubeIDE, the project is converted to a STM32Cube IDE project, and now the build option becomes available, but the project fails to build. Any ideas on how to configure the project so I can build it in STM32Cube IDE?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
kyrreaa
Associate III

Did you get anywhere with this?

I notice that using the latest CubeMX and Motor Profiler and generating a setup and code for ESC001v1 with target platform CubeIDE does not work.

It sais it generates everything successfully but the .project and .cproject files are missing. This is very frustrating and shows lack of testing.

I tested by generating a setup for a stm32f103 board with FreeRTOS middleware and even set up a pin to control a LED )(naming it LED also) and this all worked.

I got a correct project that worked in the IDE and my define was neatly added in the code. Debugger worked fine.

So, what is wrong with the EVAL-ESC001v1 ?

JRive
Associate II

I was eventually able to get it to work. Try building it for TrueStudio, then CubeMX does the conversion. it was a while ago, and I've since moved on- let me look through my notes and I'll get back to this post....