cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC as wireless EEPROM memory

David.Cheng
Associate II

HELLO ALL! i want to do point to point (P2P) data exchange between the NFC and a smart phone,

Im new to NFC, require 64Kbyte EEPROM and mcu can write it, how to choose the chip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

See our various demos with dynamic tags:

Getting Started NFC: ST25DV discovery kit smartphone demo

Getting Started NFC: ST25DV discovery kit demonstration using ST25R3911B reader

if you want to prototype an application based on dynamics tags, you can use the following Discovery kits:

• ST25DV-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for ST25DV04 Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC with fast transfer mode capability
  • M24LR-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for CR95HF Reader & M24LR04E Dynamic NFC / RFID Tags with energy harvesting
  • M24SR-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for the M24SR series - Dynamic NFC/RFID tag

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if my understanding is correct, you would like something like this:

MCU <---Local Interface---> Tag <--- RF interface ---> Smartphone

i.e. a tag with an NFC interface (communication with a smartphone) and with a local interface for communication with an MCU

In such case, you can use the following products

• ST25DV64K if you want ISO/IEC 15693 products (Long Range) supporting a Fast Transfer Mode through a Half-duplex 256-byte dedicated buffer
  • M24LR64E-R if you want ISO/IEC 15693 products (Long Range)
  • M24SR64-Y if you want ISO/IEC 14443 products (Short Range)

Those products can be operated from an I2C interface or by a 13.56 MHz RFID reader or an NFC phone. The I2C interface uses a two-wire serial interface, consisting of a bidirectional data line and a clock line. It behaves as a slave in the I2C protocol.

See ST25 Dynamic NFC tags product selector web page on st.com.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

the idea is that mcu writes data to nfc, phone reads the data via NFC

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

See our various demos with dynamic tags:

Getting Started NFC: ST25DV discovery kit smartphone demo

Getting Started NFC: ST25DV discovery kit demonstration using ST25R3911B reader

if you want to prototype an application based on dynamics tags, you can use the following Discovery kits:

• ST25DV-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for ST25DV04 Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC with fast transfer mode capability
  • M24LR-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for CR95HF Reader & M24LR04E Dynamic NFC / RFID Tags with energy harvesting
  • M24SR-DISCOVERY Discovery kit for the M24SR series - Dynamic NFC/RFID tag

Rgds

BT

thx, can dynamic tags store more than 64KB data?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

​Current products can store up to 64Kbits (8 Kbytes)

Rgds

BT

#[ST25 NFC/RFID Tags and Readers]​