Did you mean: 

ST-Link broken after upgrade on Nucleo card

Cedric Boudinet
Associate III

Hello

When I try to connect to my Nucleo board, I have the following message:

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (4) No device found on target.

I think I have this error message because I didn't disconnect the board physically before upgrading the firmware.

I don't know what is broken the ST-link or the nucleo itself?

Is there a way to repair the board?

Bests

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

good to know this is working again.

See RM0090 §5.2.1 "The device remains in Reset mode when VDD/VDDA is below a specified threshold,"

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

It looks like the stlink is still available, but not the connection to the target. Probably no need to fear for the stlink.

Yes it seems, since the board is still recognized by the computer.

Does it means the target is dead or is there a way to use it again?

Regards

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Doubel check connections and setup.

Pull BOOT0 pin high so it stops running your code, connect with ST-LINK Utilities and erase.

Could try connect under reset or low power options.

Your code likely disables SWD interface or reconfigures debug pins. Or goes into low power state.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you check that the power LED (LD3) is ON (RED LED). If not, can you check that the JP6 (IDD) is properly ON (remove it and put it back) and that JP5(PWR) is in the proper position (U5V).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

My card is a Nucleo144, not a Nucleo64. I check that all the jumpers configuration are in their default state.

LD4 is red and LD6 lights up.

I did.

I tried as you described, I still have the same error.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

which STM32 Nucleo-144 boards do you have? NUCLEO-F207ZG, NUCLEO-F303ZE, NUCLEO-F412ZG, NUCLEO-F413ZH, NUCLEO-F429ZI, NUCLEO-F439ZI, NUCLEO-F446ZE, NUCLEO-F722ZE, NUCLEO-F746ZG, NUCLEO-F756ZG, NUCLEO-F767ZI and NUCLEO-H743ZI? Is there any HW modification (e.g. Solder Bridge changed) ? Any modification in the jumper settings compared to default ones? any thing (shields) connected to the board?

As explained by Clive, the Serial Wire Debug is probably disabled by your software. Have you properly tried to put a jumper between pins 5-7 of CN11 in order to set BOOT0 to 1 and have the default bootloader running? Make sure to reset or power cycle.

Have you tried to Connect under reset with ST-Link utilities?

Rgds

BT