cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157C-DK2 flash didn't work.

RYin
Associate II

I've tried to flash STM32MP157C-DK2 SDCard like described in ST wiki with command STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=usb1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv.

and it didn't work! i got following error report. it seems it has trouble to reconnect the device. does anyone have an idea why it didn't work? or does anybody get similar problem? how do i get it working? Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

STM32CubeProgrammer v2.1.0                 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

USB speed  : Full Speed (12MBit/s)

Manuf. ID  : STMicroelectronics

Product ID : DFU in HS Mode @Device ID /0x500, @Revision ID /0x0000

SN         : 0036004A3338510939303435

FW version : 0x0110

Device ID  : 0x0500

Device name : STM32MPxxx

Device type : MPU

Device CPU : Cortex-A7

Start Embedded Flashing service

Memory Programming ...

Opening and parsing file: tf-a-stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.stm32

File         : tf-a-stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.stm32

Size         : 245360 Bytes

Partition ID : 0x01

Download in Progress:

[==================================================] 100%

File download complete

Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:04.627

RUNNING Program ...

PartID:     :0x01

Start operation done successfully at partition 0x01

Flashlayout Programming ...

Running Flashlayout Partition ...

Flashlayout partition started successfully

Memory Programming ...

Opening and parsing file: u-boot-stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.stm32

File         : u-boot-stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.stm32

Size         : 748660 Bytes

Partition ID : 0x03

Download in Progress:

File download complete

Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:13.495

RUNNING Program ...

PartID:     :0x03

reconnecting the device ...

Error: unable to reconnect the target device: time out expired

Error: Start operation failed at partition 0x03

Error: TSV flashing service failed

15 REPLIES 15
RYin
Associate II

could that be an issue with power? i power it first not with 3A supply.

PatrickF
ST Employee

You are using an USB Full-Speed port (12Mbits/s), maybe this is the problem, could you try to add -tm 20000 to the CubeProgrammer command line ?

Could you also log the console output (available as VCP 115200 8 N 1 using ST-Link connector) ?

could you provide DK2 serial number (available on a white sticker on the backside of the PCB) ?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

no! i tried it with -tm command. it didn't work. same result like before.

and console output is:

partittions : Writing GPT : success!

done

DFU alt info setting: done

crq -> brequest: 0x0

i believe DK2 serial number: DK32MP157C2$AU1

PatrickF
ST Employee

Maybe an issue with DFU driver (reconnect is using a different DFU descriptor), please have a look to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer#Preparing_the_USB_serial_link_for_flashing

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RYin
Associate II

I've already done that! That doesn't help.

Hi! Patrick,

can this issue be power supply issue? because i still use a 2.1A supply and the LED is still red. is it that means that the device can not boot itself successfully? i order a 3A supply and hope it will work and besides can i boot the system and flash the image per other memory medium than SD card? i search the board documentation but no found SPI or QSPI memory medium, is it still other way or any other sample software i can follow? Thank you very much!

PatrickF
ST Employee

If you supply is stated 2.1A, I think this is not the root cause of your problem. The red toggling led is because the supply is not detected as a true 5V 3A USB Type-C supply.

I'm puzzled by the "Full Speed (12MBit/s)" message which mean your PC might have some strange set-up.

Btw, in the UART4 console message (Virtual Comm Port available when you connect the ST-Link cable), you should have much more messages than you copied above. Could you please log all in a file ?

Did you set the DK2 dip switches in the right position for Flash load ? see https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157C-DK2/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

Last solution, if you have a Linux PC (or a Virtual Machine running Ubuntu, see https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites), you could program the SD-Card outside DK2, directly on a PC using for example an USB->micro-SD adapter. see https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command

so i acceeded to create the image file with shell file and flashed it with SD adapter. It worked. but i still struggle how i can flash it with the hardware! for log message I'll get some more!

RYin
Associate II

i mean succeeded