cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STm32L496 IAP and BLE

FGuil
Associate

Hi !

I've been trying to update my STM32L496 firmware over BLE.

Our bootloader use Ymodem to transfer files (as it's explained in the Application note). I have connected the UART of my BLE chip with the UART of the STM32). I can send the file (only from cygwin), and it's properly sent but my firmware is not updated. I assume that it comes from the Ymodem protocol that does not recognise the data that I transmit. I am sending the binary without Ymodem sending function, so I assume that the error comes from the fact that there is no ACK.

I can't send the binary from tera term (but from cygwin that don't have Ymodem implemented) because I use a dongle that is not recognised as a COM port.

My system will be : PC <-> dongle <-> BLE chip <-UART->STM32.

1) Is it possible to implement that Ymodem protocol in C ? from what I saw there is not so much things about this protocol.

2) Is there a better way to update my firmware ? Maybe modify my bootloader and delete Ymodem from it if it's possible ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Florian 

1 REPLY 1
ANaga.2
Associate II

Hi Florian, How you doing?

I am new to the STM world and I am using the same STM32L496. I am updating the firmware through YMODEM for now and I would like to replace the uart with BLE. If you had found the answer for your question, could you please tell me how can we update the firmware through BLE.