cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746 Disco hex code cannot be flashed through

AZhou
Associate II

I created a new project with STM32Cube based on STM32F746 board and tried to use external flash to store images. When I used ST-link to flash the hex file, ST-Link can only flash the internal flash memory, not the external SPI flash. ST-Link can flash the demo hex file without any problems. Attached is the hex file.

5 REPLIES 5

Either you've got the addresses of the external memories wrong, or lack the External Loader for the memory in question.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AZhou
Associate II

I use the discovery board and use the same scatter file as demo code. I check the memory, the external flash starts at 0x90000000, which is same as demo. Does the qspi driver inside the source code matter?

AZhou
Associate II

I can download the demo code, this should indicate the external load in ST-Link is configured correctly, right?

The QSPI driver in your code will let you access the content, it should not impact the ST-LINK's ability to access and program it.

What error messages exactly do you get in the progress window?

Perhaps use the STM32 Cube Programmer, select the External Loader(s), and set the diagnostic output to the highest level to get the most detail

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AZhou
Associate II

STM32 Cube Programmer works fine, I don't know why, problem solved. Thank you very much!