cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access PDF documentation files from STM32CubeIDE information center

Gahlen Feld
Associate II

When starting the freshly installed STM32CubeIDE V1.0.1 on Windows7 none of the PDF documentation files are accessible (also no error message will be displayed), just nothing happens.

When searching the installation directory there are some PDF files installed e.g. in path STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.documentation_1.0.1.201906121233\docs.

What can I do to get access to the documentation from the IDE?

Thank you in advance,

Gahlen

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

They do get shipped with the installer so it's true what you say that they're already in the installation directory.

How are you trying to access them? Is it through the welcome page -> Read STM32CubeIDE Documentation -> Clicking on the "pdf" hyperlink next to the document you want to show?

What happens if you access them directly where they are installed? Is it the same problem that nothing happens?

Gahlen Feld
Associate II

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I wanted to access the PDF documents through the welcome page -> Read STM32CubeIDE Documentation -> Clicking on the "pdf" hyperlink next to the document I wanted to open.

I can open any PDF document from any file manager (MS explorer, ...).

The STM32CureIDE in version 1.0.0 did not show this behaviour since I can remember to have successfully opened all of these documents a few weeks ago.

Then I installed version 1.0.1 of the IDE and now the links do not work.

(I installed it into a different directory and may be the name of this new directory "C:\ARM\Compiler+IDE+Tools" has invalid characters???

same error appear in my Windows10 when i click pdf through the help -> Information Center -> Clicking on the "pdf"

the version of ide installed package is "st-stm32cubeide_1.1.0_4551_20191014-1140_x86_64"

pls reply me quickly

thanks

😀