cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using cube ide on my Mac OS . how I can use touchgfx with cube ide on Mac OS

Mrohi
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Mrohi​,

Currently we do not support TouchGFX on MacOS. The Designer is supported on Windows alone and the tools that generate code for fonts and images are supported on windows and Linux. Even if the tools are relatively easy to port, the designer is not. Your only option is to use Cube IDE to generate your project on MacOS and then hand it over to a Windows VM, currently.

/Martin

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Mrohi​,

Currently we do not support TouchGFX on MacOS. The Designer is supported on Windows alone and the tools that generate code for fonts and images are supported on windows and Linux. Even if the tools are relatively easy to port, the designer is not. Your only option is to use Cube IDE to generate your project on MacOS and then hand it over to a Windows VM, currently.

/Martin

Ok thanks Martin for your email.
Thanking you
Mukesh

No problem. Hopefully in the future TouchGFX will be completely cross platform.

/Martin

SPang.1
Associate III

Any update on TouchGFX Designer on MacOS ?

I'm using CubeIDE on MacOS and its a real pain to switch to a Windows machine for Designer.

Mrohi
Associate III

any one can help for Install cube programer on Mac . I tried but can't see dmg file in download. thanking you.

TouchGFX Designer is not supported on MacOS. It is not on our roadmap unfortunately.

mmcme.1
Associate

Very bad!

Can't run on Mac in the near future?

We'll have to look for another manufacturer ...

​Not in the "near near" future anyway 🙂 Runs fine in a VM on Mac, though.

Good luck!

SMour.1
Associate III

In my use case we bought a windows pc for one programmer to use touchgfx and the other programmers have to just build the project ,we can simply unignore the generated files and put them on the repository but that soemtimes is painfully slow , can someone on mac or linux build a cubemx+touchgfx project without windows ? (No need for the whole designer, just a cross platform code generation step)