cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation that gives details of the C/C++ language that is used in Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 v9.3.0? I'm looking for the names of keywords/commands as well as the signatures of functions.

SElli.11
Associate III

I am very new to embedded systems programming. I have successfully installed Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 v9.3.0 onto Kubuntu Linux 19.04. I want to use this IDE in conjunction with an STM32F407VGT Discovery board.

3 REPLIES 3
Jack Peacock_2
Senior III

Just checked, v9.2.0 uses GCC v6.3.1 for the compiler. Search on GCC or GNU toolchain for the GCC documentation. There's a section in the GCC docs for ARM targets.

Jack Peacock

SElli.11
Associate III

Good morning Mr Peacock,

Thank you for your email. In line with your suggestion I've just completed a search for "gcc v6.3.1 documentation arm targets c lanuage reference" and found the following link.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.3.0/gcc.pdf

An examination of the contents page of this pdf does indeed contain reference to "3.18.4 ARM Options.......................................... 216". However, this lists compiler options which is necessary information although not the reference on the ARM C language that I was looking for. Still it is a good start so once again please accept my thanks for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Stuart Elliott

Piranha
Chief II