cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A barrier to "generate code" for a new project in CubeMX

HS.19
Associate II

Hey guys,

I used ST CubeMX(v5.2.0) with TrueSTUDIO IDE in Windows 10 PC. My work is to generate a new project for STM32 F411E DISCO board and tweak and implement the examples given for STM32 F446RE board in the ST's FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1 software's projects folder for learning to use the Echo Cancellation library.

I tried to generate code for a new project in CubeMX for 32F411EDISCOVERY board with default configurations(RTOS- disabled, USB_Host enabled in "Communication host class(Virtual Port COM)" mode). I made the repository folder empty by "shift+del" all contents. To generate code it said "The firmware package(STM32 FW_F4 V1.24.1) is not in your repository. Do you want to download it now?" I gave yes. The download started and while unzipping contents it said an error.

"Error downloading the following files:

stm32cube fw_f4_v1241.zip(Target directory already exists)"

I uninstalled Cube MX fully, deleted STM32Cube folder manually from C drive which had the repository sub folder, made a registry cleaning with CCleaner to fix any registry issues. Then I downloaded CubeMX(v5.2.1) and downloaded STM32Cube MCU package for F4 series(v 1.21.0). I opened a new project for the DISCO board with same default configurations as mentioned in the beginning and gave "generate code". The same question of package missing came and giving yes to it threw the same error

"Error downloading the following files:

stm32cube fw_f4_v1241.zip(Target directory already exists)".

I tried to open a new C CMSIS project through Truestudio but in a section in the dialogue box, where it asked to select a board, no boards were displayed and it was not possible to create a project through TrueSTUDIO. I checked with another PC to create a new project through TrueSTUDIO and same response.

I am unable to create a new project an generate code because of the error in installing MCU packages. Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
stanley.setiawan
Associate II

Hi! I encountered similar error several months ago, what you need to do is to open your cubeMX as Administrator mode. Then, you can easily download the packages directly from CubeMX.

Hope it works!

HS.19
Associate II

Thank you for your reply Stanley. I opened the CubeMX in the administratoe mode downloaded the MCU package v1.24.0 thinking the patch v1.24.1 may work only if v1.24.0 is there. I was able to download and unzip v1.24.0 package successfully, but the v1.24.1 it still shows up the same error and did not work out. Are there any other ways that I can try out?

HS.19
Associate II

An update. I installed CubeMX and truestudio in a windows 7 v6.1 laptop. I am able to download the MCU package v1.24.1 in it. I would appreciate any further ways to test to download the package in my Windows 10 v 1803.

Stefan Meyre
Associate III

not an answer, but same problem here (STM32MP1)! Did anybody find a solution for that?