cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32 cubeide is too immature. Compared with KEIL V5, the BUG of stm32cubeide is too many to use at all.

yming
Associate

1. It is too backward to simulate the waveform by software (keil v5, a simple software, has the function of software simulation and waveform viewing). To exceed keil V5 in user experience, development engineers need to be connected.

2. Variables that have been set up will fail every time they exit the simulation and then enter the simulation. They need to be reset.

3. Need the default path installation, compiler can pass smoothly, otherwise some bitter headache (I just because there is no default path installation, compiler error, repeated many times, and finally think of the default installation is good).

4. Hardware simulation is very unstable. In hardware simulation, the waveform and observed variables are normal. But once out of the simulation, in the simulation, the waveform can not be seen, and the value of variables can not be evaluated. Exit the simulation and come in again. It took eight times to succeed. It seems that every development engineer needs to think and evaluate carefully.

5. Set up a Uref variable and press add key, then add a fixed value, press sub key, then subtract a fixed value. Why does the system automatically set the Uref to 3100 and change around it, which is beyond human control? Solution: After changing Uref to other characters (for example, to Ureftp, or other characters), the above BUG is solved. Real weird!!! When set to other characters, the original Uref character becomes undefined.

6. There is no problem in compiling. But when downloading the program, the software keeps reporting errors: Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x0800D1DF (byte = 0x85 instead of 0x42). Finally, the problem has not been solved and the project can not continue.

7. Please help me analyze why? Can it be solved? Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

What device are you using?

I'm not sure what waveform is, could you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do?

Also what are you simulating and how? Is the simulation a debug session?

As to the default installation path that is a known issue that we are hoping to get fixed in a future version.