cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743: changes in 480MHz version?

Peter Mather
Associate III

Can someone please point me at a document that identifies any changes in the STM32H743 between the original 400MHz capable version and the latest 480MHz version

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group1/95/22/7c/0c/57/de/4b/f9/DM00609692/files/DM00609692.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00609692.pdf

Most everyone has the Y step

The main thing for bring it up in 480 MHz is the selection of VOS0

And also some changes in the RCC bits related to HSI and CSI trim

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The recent H743 datasheet has a specification section for each version.

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

​Take a look at application note: AN5312 - Migration from RevY to RevV for STM32H743/753 and STM32H750 Value line microcontrollers

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group1/95/22/7c/0c/57/de/4b/f9/DM00609692/files/DM00609692.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00609692.pdf

Most everyone has the Y step

The main thing for bring it up in 480 MHz is the selection of VOS0

And also some changes in the RCC bits related to HSI and CSI trim

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is all a bit too cryptic, "selection of VOS0 and also some changes in the RCC bits related to HSI and CSI trim", that doesn't really help anyone get 480 MHz running does it.
Why are there no code examples of how to do this? I've been googling for half and how and nothing more than similar comments, is this a "magic club only" thing?

Robmar
Senior III

Found it at last!
So in the MX configurator to use 480MHz, go to Pinout & Configuration, click RCC then System Parameters,
Product revision then has to be set to Rev. V, and the the CSI and HSI values set to 32 and 64 respectively!
That really should be highlighted or prompted when creating a new project!
Even better if it was on the Clock configuration section too, where it belongs!, or at least a warning!