cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN APPLICATION PROGRAM (IAP) - OTA

Vivek Rajamanickam
Associate II

Hello,

Using stm32f429igt I am Trying to update my firmware online by using OTA (In application program). While searching for an example program I could find one using stm32f4 cube mx (find the attached path). here I don't know how to update it, can you provide me some tutorial for doing this.

I think this is also be done locally, but I need to update it via GSM or Wi-Fi if possible can you provide me the tutorial to update it using GSM or Wi-Fi

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\IAP\IAP_Main\MDK-ARM.

2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like a work task, perhaps what you really need is a consultant to provide you with a solution.

For OTA via networks protocols like HTTP or FTP would be appropriate to pull the image from a server, the IAP examples being illustrative of the functional separation of the loader vs application. ST has published Ethernet IAP examples in the past.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Vivek Rajamanickam
Associate II

Hello Clive,

We are using MQTT protocol here. If it is HTTP or FTP we can refer the ST published Ethernet IAP document. For MQTT is there any document or tutorial same like that

Regards

Vivek