cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uart communication in the node B-L072Z-LRWAN1 (end node exemple)

Mabra.3
Associate II

Hi, i hope you are all good

I use the node B-L072Z-LRWAN1 with the example “end node�? of the stack “STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN�?, the objectif it’s to send data of sensor to TTN. and I managed to send “int�? or "floa"t without problem to my TTN as first step.

on the other hand, I made a program of UART communication of the “B-L072Z-LRWAN1�? thanks to STM32CubeMX, and it’s working well.

Unfortunately I don’t know how integrated all the code that STM32CubeMX generated in the “end node�? project to send my UART data.

thanks in advence.

2 REPLIES 2

CubeMX uses a different paradigm to the HAL code used in the Semtech LRWAN code examples.

You're going to have to port/merge the functionality across manually.

Understand the structure of both models, paying attention to clock settings, pin configuration, and peripheral initialization. CubeMX tends to obfuscate things in multiple places.

The HAL UART code is also rather bloated for the L0, we have the Murata module managing 3 UARTs, using a cleaner register level implementation, doing buffer management without all the callback and HAL interaction.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mabra.3
Associate II

I tried to merge the functionality manually and to understand the functions, i did a lot of test but noo result .I am stuck

and in some tests when i put the initialisation of UART, i lose the lorawan communication too.