cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 + SDIOCard(Bluetooth/Wifi) example ???

Chrissy
Associate

Hi,

Can I somewhere find an example for STM32F4 + SDIOCard(Bluetooth/Wifi) ??? (It's not a SD-Card and not a MM-Card)

It seems, CubeMX can only generate HAL for SDC and MMC based on Hardware Module SDIO.

SDIO-Card needs different initiallization and data Exchange CMD's … e.g. starting initialization with CMD5 ...

Very Best Thanks for any Help!

3 REPLIES 3

CubeMX isn't going to provide a workable example.

You're going to need ro read the protocol manual for your device(s), and perhaps Linux drivers your can examine/port.

You'll then need to understand the HAL peripheral level SDIO functions as the higher level SD/MMC support routines likely aren't directly suitable. They will provide some understanding of commands/protocols, and peripheral expectations.

Perhaps you can find a third-party library you can license, or contractors with specific experience.

Expect to have to do some work.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Denis Krasutski
Associate III

Hi, now end of 2021 and I can't find any example of WLAN by SDIO. Do you have any updates?

Yeah, clearly a pretty niche use case, or one where companies have developed closed solutions on their own dime, The size of Windows or Linux drivers for the card should be indicative of the complexity and host side foot-print.

Have the embedded sw engineers on the project work the documentation for the WLAN card(s) and peripheral level examples on the SDIO/SDMMC side

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..