cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGfx (4.10.0) in CubeMX (5.2.1) & Keil (5.25.2)

Miguel Moran
Associate III

I have had problems to integrate TouchGfx (4.10.0) in CubeMX (5.2.1) & Keil (5.25.2), I have followed all the steps in detail that are on your page, following the steps for this purpose and the button EXE is not enabled. What should I do? Is there another way to integrate the 3 tools?

11 REPLIES 11
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Miguel Moran​,

I need some additional information. did you install Touchgfx 4.10.0 and point CubeMX to the designer executable? Did you "generate code" at least once? (Otherwise the .touchgfx project file won't be generated and the designer can't open anything).

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

Miguel Moran
Associate III

I have already installed the cubeMX software and I have used it with Stemwin for some time now, without any problem, I always keep the CubeMX & Keil updated. I have installed Touchgfx, from the CubeMx pack folder, I have carefully followed the configuration instructions, which are suggested on your page and I have compiled the project at least once as indicated.

Hi!!
I have already installed the cubeMX software and I have used it with Stemwin for some time now, without any problem, I always keep the CubeMX & Keil updated. I have installed Touchgfx, from the CubeMx pack folder, I have carefully followed the configuration instructions, which are suggested on your page and I have compiled the project at least once as indicated.

>>I always keep the CubeMX & Keil updated.

Keil is at 5.28, so 5.25 strikes me as pretty antiquated, and might limit the packs it pulls in.

http://www.keil.com/fid/1jbpv0wrommj1weiesw1xcyxtw3ojwumwicqd1/files/eval/mdk528.exe

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello again, I have tried your solution, updating the software versions; however, the button still does not activate. what in my opinion is already quite strange .... I will continue to insist thank you!

Hello again, I want to share with you, where the problem is and how I solved it. Observing carefully the page where the steps of the configuration with the cubeMX are narrated in https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021620431-Configuring-STM32F429I-DISCO

and comparing each of the boxes, I noticed the following:

in the "Project Location" box, in "Project Manager", I originally had a fairly long route and I shortened it by placing "C: \ Projects", I attached a couple of screenshots to verify the fact, and I hope this can help others with similar problems ........ I thank you in advance for the help provided so quickly.

0690X000009Yb5vQAC.png0690X000009Yb60QAC.png

Hi,

So you're saying that the long project location path prevented you from "executing" Touchgfx? I'll look into this, thanks.

We're trying to do away with the "execute" button because we want TouchGFX to be more seperate from CubeMX. You can always open the .touchgfx file in the designer outside of CubeMX - Doing it like this means CubeMX won't be "locked" until you close TouchGFX Designer again. This is one of the workflow improvements we're trying to push through.

/Martin

"So, are you saying that the long route of the project location prevented you from" running "Touchgfx? I will investigate this, thank you."

That's right.!!

As far as the "execute" button is concerned, in my opinion, I like the idea of ​​a much more integrated environment, but I understand what this entails and I think that all ST followers really appreciate the great effort the brand makes in provide us with these tools for free.

For now I understand that the tools should be used separately and it does not bother me. I think CubeMx offers configuration is excellent and allows me to quickly adjust and add stacks, hardware or an embedded operating system, which is excellent; at the same time important is the management of the GUI with StemWin or TouchGFx, integrating all the dependencies manually is laborious and presents certain difficulties in certain occasions even for the most skilled, that is why it is important that CubeMx does it for us and within the project and independently of the compiler, the management of the folders, extra configurations, etc.

If the button appears or disappears is not important, the important thing will be to have all the configuration infrastructure of the project and folders that is needed to immediately start working on the most important "program" of the embedded system.

It is my humble opinion and many thanks for the support !.