cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the new STM32CubeIDE, the Eclipse buttons for Build, Rebuild (hammers) and Debug (a bug) are not shown.

MFend
Associate III

How can I get these icons to appear?

I imported a project from Atollic TS.

Thanks,

Mechi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe I just answered you privately instead but I'll post the same here in case anyone is facing the same issue:

"Make sure you are in the C/C++ Perspective (top right) and if you still don't see it, try to go to "Window -> Perspective -> Reset perspective...". If that doesn't work I suspect something might have gone wrong with the installation, maybe?

As to the right click of the project, right under "Import" and "Export" should be "Build Project", which serves the same purpose as the "hammer" button does."

And to add to that, right under the "Build Project" is the "Clean Project".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

We have a different toolbar in CubeIDE in comparison to TrueSTUDIO but the Build and Debug buttons should be showing by default.

The rebuild button is gone, though. You need to right click on your project and select "Clean Project" instead.

0690X000009YYu7QAG.png

MFend
Associate III

This is how my toolbar looks.

I can only build using the right-click on my project and choosing Build-all.

I think that the makefile or the build targets haven't been setup correctly.

I'd appreciate any ideas...

MFend
Associate III

0690X000009YiM0QAK.jpg

I believe I just answered you privately instead but I'll post the same here in case anyone is facing the same issue:

"Make sure you are in the C/C++ Perspective (top right) and if you still don't see it, try to go to "Window -> Perspective -> Reset perspective...". If that doesn't work I suspect something might have gone wrong with the installation, maybe?

As to the right click of the project, right under "Import" and "Export" should be "Build Project", which serves the same purpose as the "hammer" button does."

And to add to that, right under the "Build Project" is the "Clean Project".

MFend
Associate III

Resetting the perspective worked!

Thanks!

MFend
Associate III

OK - I see the hammer, but I haven't built a "Build target" - where are the instructions for building a "Build Target" so that the hammer will know what to build?

MFend
Associate III

I changed the Builder to Internal (it was external) - uses the same gcc compiler - and now the "hammer" builds the project!

I'm not sure I understand the problem. The hammer icon is supposed to build the project. Do you have another use case in mind and if so, what is it?