cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32F051C6 dev board cuts the connection to Eclipse after starting to debug, i cannot get it to stay connected. This happens with all projects regardless if they worked before. Can anyone please help??

DC.18
Associate

Im debugging with an ST-LINK J9357 debugger chip in Eclipse's debug workbench . I've been over the debug configurations many times and cannot find an error. Once i start the debug and it shuts off the connection there isn't even an error box detailing the error.

The console tab displays the following after cutting off:

GNU MCU Eclipse 32-bits Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00254-g2ec04e4e (2017-11-10-11:53)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.

Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD

adapter speed: 1000 kHz

adapter_nsrst_delay: 100

none separate

Started by GNU MCU Eclipse

Info : Listening on port 6666 for tcl connections

Info : Listening on port 4444 for telnet connections

Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz

Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz

Info : clock speed 950 kHz

Info : STLINK v2 JTAG v24 API v2 SWIM v0 VID 0x0483 PID 0x3748

Info : using stlink api v2

Info : Target voltage: 3.237042

Info : stm32f0x.cpu: hardware has 4 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints

Info : Listening on port 3333 for gdb connections

1 REPLY 1

Sorry not familiar with the J9357 device. v24 is rather an old firmware, consider updating it to something more recent, and using software/drivers that aren't 2 years old.

Connectivity can drop for an number of reasons, primarily you reconfiguring the pins involved with the SWD connection, and powering down the circuits the debugger is using, ie low power modes and WFI instructions.

You might try better tools, and see if they work more effectively. Keil for example has free licensing for STM32 CM0(+) parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..