cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which document has instructions about top mark of LSM303AH chip?Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Sjito
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

​@Sjito​ yes, It should be a LSM303AH. The "903" refers to the year and to the week "YWW", while "03A" is part of the name "LSM303AH". Btw, you can be sure it's a LSM303AH checking the WHO_AM_I_A (0Fh) register via SPI/I2C and receiving 43h. Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Sjito​ , which is the purpose for this request about device marking? Do you need the meaning of the info on the top side of the marking? They are related to the process flow of the single device, from assembly to finishing. Regards

• Thanks for your reply. I just want to judge whether the chip I bought is LSM303AH through the TOP MARK. I checked the data sheet of LSM303AH, but could not find anything about it.

0690X000009YRMNQA4.jpgThe chip in the picture is the one I bought. I want to make sure whether it is LSM303AH or not. if there's any documentation that says anything about TOP MARK of LSM303AH ? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

​@Sjito​ yes, It should be a LSM303AH. The "903" refers to the year and to the week "YWW", while "03A" is part of the name "LSM303AH". Btw, you can be sure it's a LSM303AH checking the WHO_AM_I_A (0Fh) register via SPI/I2C and receiving 43h. Regards

Thank you very much for your reply.I can safely use  the one I bought.But I wonder how you know this information(The "903" refers to the year and to the week "YWW", while "03A" is part of the name "LSM303AH".)? Whether there is a document about it ?  Looking forward to your reply.

​You're welcome. There is no official document because the package information are intended for internal tracking of individual devices. The only information mandatory for a proper pcb project is the pin 1 indicator placement. Regards

Thank you very much.😀