cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Leak running STM32CubeProgrammer v2.1.0.

Java runtime is up to date. The program works properly but over time will consume all of my RAM. I run Windows 7 Professional on 7th Gen i7 6 core with 64G RAM. After some 3 days of running, I was alerted that Windows was running out of RAM. The problem was STM32CubeProgrammer which when closed frees up the leaked RAM and can be restarted without problems other than the leak. Because I have large RAM this isn't a problem especially if I just close the program when I'm "done" with it for the day. I just wondered if anyone else has seen this leak and if there's a fix for it.

5 REPLIES 5
DFuchs
Associate III

Hi,

i have the same problem. I have Win7Pro, 64Bit, only 8GB Ram, Java Build 1.8.0-221-b11.

I had the same problem with STM32CubeProg 1.3.0.

At the end of day javaw is consuming nearly 4GB.

I have to wonder if this has been reported. I would report the bug if I knew how to do that. Any ST people reading this that can help me?

>>Any ST people reading this that can help me?

Not sure, I've tried to reach out to the Programmer / External Loader guys and got nowhere.

This whole thing is poorly tested and fragile. If I add a Read method to the External Loader the thing breaks, on occasion doesn't even run the Init method.

@brk​  can someone shake the Software QA team's tree?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Brian Kling
Senior III

@Amel NASRI​  can you assist?

I just received an email notification that STM32CubeProgrammer has been released at version 2.2.0. I downloaded it immediately and have had it running for 24 hours. Task manager now shows that the memory leak has been plugged.

My thanks to the ST development team.