cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi don't know if this is the right thread or not

JWarr
Associate

, but here goes

I have a number of st link v2 dongles and i have not been able to connect to a pc on any os. I have win10 , win7 , desktop and laptop and it will not connect i have tried the latest firmware which is when i started really having the connection problem.  I get these messages no st link detected , or if you are trying to connect please try hardware reset etc... nothing works . I see the st32 in my device manager. is this a software issue or am I just doing or not doing something stupid!!!!! Help would be greatly apprceiated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't use on hubs or port expanders

Watch for DELL diagnostic utilities

Authentic devices or clones?

With newer tools perhaps check the connection speed settings, set something under 1 MHz in tools like STM32 Cube Programmer.

For authentic ST-LINK/V2 devices the pin 1/2 of the connector need to be power by VTarget (the supply of the chip you're connecting too)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Don't use on hubs or port expanders

Watch for DELL diagnostic utilities

Authentic devices or clones?

With newer tools perhaps check the connection speed settings, set something under 1 MHz in tools like STM32 Cube Programmer.

For authentic ST-LINK/V2 devices the pin 1/2 of the connector need to be power by VTarget (the supply of the chip you're connecting too)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Thanks so much got things working once I powered the target it works great. I’m a nubee and this thread is awesome �?�?��?�?��?�?��?�?��?�?�