cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No debug information available after "Convert to C/C++ (adds nature) [SOLVED]

Jesper Rönnholm
Associate II

I started one of the sample projects about LwIP for an STM32H743ZI Nucleo boards in the CubeIDE. This project is by default only compiling C source files, so when I tried to make it compile both C and C++ source files by performing the project conversion "New->Convert to a C/C++ project (adds C/C++ Nature)", I am having trouble debugging.

Instead of being able to set breakpoints in the source code, or even finding the first breakpoint in "main", I get a file tab with the address "0x8000f12".

Inside the tab it reads:

"Break at address "0x8000f12" with no debug information available, or outside of program code."

My guess is that the project gets confused about what kind of source file it wants to look at, but how do you get around that?

SOLUTION:

Before making the conversion, the sample project is only C-based, which gives the project settings for using the "MCU GCC Linker".

After conversion, this is switched to "MCU G++ Linker", and the parameter for what linker script to use is not migrated properly. So, going to project properties and navigating through C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU G++ Linker -> General the field "Linker Script (-T)" should be changed to have the same value as before the conversion.

This worked as a solution for me.

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Thanks for sharing your solution.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.