cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer / STM32CubeIDE failed to connect STM32L476G-DISCO Board

the-hut
Associate

Hello I am having a problem connecting my STM32L476G-DISCO Board using the STM32CubeProgrammer. When I received my board, I did managed to connect and download the compiled demo code, STM32CubeDemo_STM32L476G-Discovery-V1.0.5.hex successfully. The board is working fine as it shows the correct function on the display such as IDD, VDD, Record... the joystick works fine. But, I now wanted to change the code and debug it with my new code. So, I wrote some code and run the debugging in IDE, it could not connect the board anymore. So, I tried with STM32CubeProgrammer again to connect the board but, everytime when I click the connect button, it shows the message "Error: No STM32 target found!".

Can you please help me with this?

I can see the STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port in Device Manager.

2 REPLIES 2
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

As far as I remember, the demo software employs the various low-power stop etc. modes. In some of these modes, even the clock required for the debug module is stopped ... Then the debugger can't connect.

Resolution: 1) choose "connect under reset" in programming settings

*OR*

2) press and hold reset button on the discovery board until debug connection established, then release it.

the-hut
Associate

Hi Andreas,

Many thanks for the reply. I tried the option 2 with the STM32CubeProgrammer and I have managed to connect the device now. Thanks again.