cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Clicking 'disconnect' icon during debug hangs STM32cubeIDE

Using STMcubeIDE with Segger debug firmware on a Nucleo-144 429 board.

Debug works fine, but clicking "disconnect" (small red broken connection icon, next to "stop debugging" icon) pops up scalability dialog and hangs IDE. The dialog and IDE are non-responsive except for "ding" when clicked. Need to kill IDE with task manager...

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I haven't tested on the exact same board as you but when I click the "disconnect" button I get an error message saying:

"Failed to execute MI command:

-target-detach

Error message from debugger back end:

Remote doesn't know how to detach"

Which, of course, is an issue as well that will need to be addressed but I just want to make sure we're getting the same thing.

After receiving the error and I click anywhere but that message I get a "ding" sound, the standard Windows one. Do you not get the error message?

@Markus GIRDLAND​ - I can't see any error message. The entire IDE is completely non-responsive (requires killing via task manager).

Are you testing with Segger firmware loaded on board (replaces ST-Link)?

I tested with standalone J-Link first but now I used the reflasher onto an on-board ST-Link to convert it to J-Link and I still get the same error, not the non-responsiveness. I will try and find the same Nucleo board you use if we have it in the office.

What OS version do you use? CubeIDE version?

@Markus GIRDLAND​ - Using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.0.1 Build: 3139_20190612-1256 (UTC) on Windows 10 pro. Always hangs here, 100% reproducible.

Tried on both 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 now but I just get the error.

It's still enough to write a ticket for though. I'll mention that there's also a reported case of complete unresponsiveness.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave!

Might it be related to the 'scalability' dialog?

Normally that pops up when a breakpoint opens a large source file.

I have no idea why that would pop up the 'disconnect' icon is clicked.