cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After importing a project, how fix *** No rule to make target `all'. error

Clark Sann
Senior

I have several projects in a workspace that I share between two development computers...a laptop and a desktop. Last night I worked on my laptop. This morning the projects I worked on are not found in CubeIDE on the desktop. The files are in the workspace folder but CubeIDE does not see them.

So I tried all the various flavors of import. Some didn't do anything but the ones that did all had this error when I tried to build: *** No rule to make target `all'.

Of course the web is full of people complaining about this problem with CDT, but none of the answers work for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Clark Sann
Senior

I found a work around.

It seems to be impossible for Eclipse to import projects when they are already in the workspace folder you want to import them into. Even if it appears to import, it doesn't build because of the dreaded "No rule to make target..." error. Eclipse does many things half way, but I still like it I guess.

So I moved the project folders to another folder and then imported them into my workspace folder using Import / Existing Projects into Workspace. I made sure to select Copy projects into workspace. Then I cleaned and deleted the .launch file. After that I built and created a new STM32 Debug configuration. That fixed things.