cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki documentation as PDF?

Alan Chambers
Associate II

I have just bought an STM32MP157C-DK2 and would like to get started.

I found a tool within the wiki which allowed me to select a bunch of the "getting started" sections and create a PDF. However. all the pages of the PDF just said I didn't not have permission to do this, or something like that. Trawling though documentation online is a lot more painful than something I can print, read offline and annotate. Where can I obtain or create PDF documentation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

We are sorry but PDF extraction of the wiki is not yet supported.

We are working on it and it's plan to be deliver by end of July.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It would be best if ST could provide the documentation officially in PDFs with table of contents and nice formatting. Meanwhile, Firefox (most likely Chrome too) has an option to "Print to file" which can "print" the opened page into a PDF file. Then you can merge the PDFs with some PDF merger tool, if you want.

Alan Chambers
Associate II

Thanks. Trying to print directly from Firefox just gets mostly blank pages and no useful content due to some detail in the HTML or whatever. The PDF thing works really well, but just gets the same output that printing directly does. Internet Explorer does manage to print the content, so I guess I use that for now.

I suppose it makes sense to keep documentation centralised online, so that it is simple to ensure everyone has the latest, but it is a format which is slow, unpleasant and difficult to use. If there is to be a tool for generating PDFs from the wiki, it would be nice if it worked: anything and everything to reduce barriers to entry. I spent months dealing with PetaLinux because of poor documentation, and really hope that is not going to be the case here.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

We are sorry but PDF extraction of the wiki is not yet supported.

We are working on it and it's plan to be deliver by end of July.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Alan Chambers
Associate II

Thanks for letting me know. I look forward to it. 🙂

Hi,

I think, PDF extraction is still unavailable. Am I right ?