cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Ping-Pong example

mibou23
Associate II

Hi guys,

I program an application with a STM32LO-LRWAN1 module who does the connection with a sensor by I2C and i would like to integer my application in the "Ping Pong" example for proving to my boss that the connection between two modules is possible. I tried to do that manually but my method look hard and i have problem with multiples define.

Do you have any advices for simply put the project who only use the stm32 in the "Ping-Pong" projet on Keil uvision 5. Because i don't think that we have the possibility to modifiy the project with CUBEMx.

Is someone has yet done this kind of think or know an other possibility to do that. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With Keil it is very easy to clone a project, you can duplicate the project directory into a new directory at the same level using cut-n-paste in windows explorer/file manager.

My approach was to make two copies, and made one device the SENDER, and the other the LISTENER. You could cut code to make one a PINGER.

I did this first with a GPS receiver to determine range capabilities, but I have both UART and I2C functionality working.

CubeMX in this context is a waste of time, in my opinion, as the Semtech model being used by ST has a completely different paradigm.

I2C stuff might be present in some of the other examples, or can be pulled from the HAL examples.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

With Keil it is very easy to clone a project, you can duplicate the project directory into a new directory at the same level using cut-n-paste in windows explorer/file manager.

My approach was to make two copies, and made one device the SENDER, and the other the LISTENER. You could cut code to make one a PINGER.

I did this first with a GPS receiver to determine range capabilities, but I have both UART and I2C functionality working.

CubeMX in this context is a waste of time, in my opinion, as the Semtech model being used by ST has a completely different paradigm.

I2C stuff might be present in some of the other examples, or can be pulled from the HAL examples.

mibou23
Associate II

Thanks for your answer. My program who communicate with my sensor by I2C is done yet so for using ".h" that i previously created with CubeMX, it is a good idea to replace the ".h" files present in the example or it's is better to modify the existing ".h" ? :face_without_mouth:

I don't know the procedure with LoRa to "Send" or "Listen" and the example of "Ping-Pong" is not very good for that. Does it exists examples of how to use the board like a Sender or a Listener ?

A working understanding of the Ping-Pong application would seem to be a prerequisite here.

Ok thank you.

And for putting a project in a other what is the correct method to do that ? I tried many brutal things but i have many multiplied include.

I just want to initialise I2C in the project "Ping-Pong" like i do with my project created with CubeMx.