cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where i can find the STM32 naming convention in order to understand the logic under the STM32 part number (e.g. STM32L053R8 L= Low power; 0 = Cortex M0+ ....). Thanks in advace Michele Luttini

MLutt
Associate

3 REPLIES 3

You're overthinking this, there isn't a decoder wheel. The scheme is evolving and not entirely rational. Applying too much logic here will just give you a headache.

L0 is a family of parts. Low-Power is a bit of a loaded term, depends what you're comparing it too, but usually means there isn't a separate battery input.

The data sheets I think have some details of the decomposition, the part number, ie 053 is somewhat arbitrarily chosen by ST. The R8 field here typically defines the memory configuration for RAM/FLASH with a specific family, and the packaging. R=64-pin, 8=64K FLASH, with perhaps 8 or 20KB RAM

Parts with a number 10 higher tend to indicate presence of Crypto/Hash units, be the odd/even numbering there is not consistent.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Most helpful are charts like this

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32l0x2.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much