cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need demo firmware for stm32303 "E" version Eval

FJB2069
Associate II

Unit came with demo loaded in flash and worked fine, I reflashed some test code and now I want to put demo back.

I downloaded STSW-STM32124 which is the STM32303C "C" version demo firmware and compiled and loaded fine with IAR, but will not run. Code will not initialize SD card.

Apparently, there is a different code loaded from the factory or the E is different then the C version.

Does anyone have the correct demo firmware for the E version?

5 REPLIES 5

The board is rather old, you should have used the ST-LINK Utilities or STM32 Cube Programmer to save the original firmware image

Current examples can be found under the F3 HAL trees in the CubeF3 package

STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32303E_EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD

STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.10.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32303E_EVAL\stm32303e_eval_sd.c

STM32Cube_FW_F3_V1.10.0\Projects\STM32303E_EVAL\Applications\STemWin

For older contemporaneous stuff perhaps look at the F3 SPL packages

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Isn't there a binary of the demo available?

I woldn't rely on a "self-compiled" version, as it may quite well depend on quirks of a given version of compiler or some setting of it.

Also, is there difference in hardware between the C and E version which would explain the not-working?

JW

[EDIT] Looked at https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-eval-boards/stm32303e-eval.html# under Tools&Software, shamefully there's no link to the relevant SPL nor Cube nor anything usable. Not surprised, but disgusted nevertheless.

FJB2069
Associate II

What board is old? I just bought it....

I thought everything was on the included SD card, had I known I would have saved firmware. Regardless I still want actual project not just bin.

Thanks in advance.

>>What board is old? I just bought it....

Perhaps, but it was designed at least 4-5 years ago, and the ecosystem has evolved significantly from there. ST has entirely scrapped the software libraries it was using.

Best liaise with your local FAE, a lot of the cooler demo stuff used proprietary libraries ST licensed for their own use, and not shippable in source forms. This is especially true where they don't have a demo app in the source trees, it is a conscious choice rather than one of neglect.

For New Designs, seriously look at what the current offerings are, as this is where the focus/resources are at.

#NewOldStock

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I any trying to transition from Atmel AT91 to STM32 platform.

I picked this board based on CAN capability primarily along with touch screen and similarities to at91sam7X

Maybe you could point me in a better direction?