cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping pong with lora doesn't recieve anything working on theboard B-l072Z-LRWAN1 with I-CUBE-LRWAN firmware packag?

AChaa.15
Associate II

I'm working with the ping pong with lora in stm32 , the code doesn't recieve anything , it only executes the RX_timeout and TX_timeout while the device in the other side is sending DATA correctly with lora, How can I fix this problem ?

this is in the stm32 : B-l072Z-LRWAN1 with I-CUBE-LRWAN firmware package

1 REPLY 1

I wouldn't expect the transmit to timeout, but the Ping-Pong app is a somewhat quixotic/metastable application that can't decide what mode it should be in.

I would recommend making two forks of the app, where one is committed to being the transmitters, and the other the receiver.

In the earlier versions of the LRWAN libraries these things worked out of the box, and would connect at some point if left alone, or restarted at different phases.

Radio is hard to debug, even harder remotely. You're going to have to work though these things methodically, and understand what the code is supposed to be doing vs what is happening.

Make sure both use the same frequency and radio settings. Make sure to use the frequency band allowed in your jurisdiction.

Make sure you have the antennas on, and they are not against metal surfaces.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..